This Visual Studio ALM Ranger project has the primary goal of delivering scenario based and hands-on guidance for the planning, setup, configuration and usage of Visual Studio Lab Management, backed by custom VM Template automation for reference environments.
The Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server 2010 VM Factory project is a companion solution, which is focused on the Virtual Machine (VM) Factory, used by and referred to by this guidance.
The following Epics summarize the scope of the guidance which is designed for professional deployment of Lab Management in production environments.
- Visualisation of the guidance using quick reference posters
- Advanced golden image management using the VM Factory for Lab Management
- Provide guidance on setting up Test environments with respect to pre-defined personas
- Provide Guidance to enable large and small teams to setup and configure both automated and manual tests
- Provide practical guidance for managing and maintaining a Lab Management environment
- Provide practical guidance to enable teams to quickly setup and configure their lab management environment
If you are working with Lab management or intend to, this should be a valuable resource. This too is a ‘living project’ and the Rangers would love to hear you feedback via the Discussions / Issues on CodePlex.