We just pushed out the August 2012 release of the TFS Build extensions. This wraps up over 90 change sets which address new features and bug fixes.
The August 2012 release contains
- VS2010 Activities(target .NET 4.0)
- VS2012 Activities (target .NET 4.5)
- Community TFS Build Manager VS2010
- Community TFS Build Manager VS2012
- Both the Community TFS Build Managers can also be found in the Visual Studio Gallery here where updates will first become available. Please note that we only intend to fix major bugs in the 2010 version and will concentrate our efforts on the 2012 version of the TFS Build Manager.
At a high level, the following Issues and Features have been addressed
- 11088 VSDevEnv activity passes incorrect configuration to VS 2003 Issue
- 10560 Sync Build Number & File Version Feature
- 10860 NUnit activity does not use TestTimeout argument. Issue
- 10785 App Pool Name Cannot Be Specified with a Variable? Feature
- 10996 VB6 activity fails if the build is set to not copy to drop Issue
- 7695 Web Deployment Configuration Transform Activity Feature
- 10623 Implement Sms Activity Feature
- 10569 Custom Activity SQLExecute has code error in parsing parameters Issue
- 10584 SqlExecute activity – public properties should be InArguments Issue
- 10619 Add a Read action to AssemblyInfo activity to be able to read the current values. Feature
- 10843 Internal number for dev11 is incorrect Issue
- 10618 AssemblyInfo activity doesn’t support attribute name suffixes with Attribute Issue
TFS Build Manager
- 10448 Functionality for managing build controllers and agents Feature
- 11008 Bug: Enable Builds Issue
- 10691 TFSBM – Set Triggers Feature
- 10148 Feature: Build Notes Task
- 10690 TFSBM – Edit Build Definition Feature
- Note: If you are using the Azure Activities in VS2010 you should continue to use the April release. We will release a new build of this activity once we resolve the current VS2012 dependency which has been introduced.
Thanks again to the team of contributors for making this release happen.